[Tagging] Missing oneway:bicycle=no

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:33:47 UTC 2017

This is not what is mentioned on other pages:

(part of my mail to the Belgian mailing list)

oneway:bicycle=no  + cycleway=track/lane is recommended, see e.g. M1
on https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle

opposite_lane should only be used when there is a lane in the opposite
direction of the one_way and there is no lane in the direction of the
oneway. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:cycleway%3Dopposite_lane
Or as indicated in the above M1, when you tag forward/backward
separately. It is not enough to indicate a oneway street with cycle
lanes in both directions.
I have seen it even used when there are no lanes, i.e. the cyclists
have to drive on the main road.