[Tagging] amenity=vending_machine and vending=public_transport_plans?

Thomas Bertels tbertels at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:13:11 UTC 2017

Le 16/02/2017 à 21:23, Warin a écrit :
> On 16-Feb-17 11:53 PM, John Willis wrote:
>>
>>> On Feb 16, 2017, at 5:41 PM, Dalibor Jelínek <dalibor at dalibor.cz>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> vending=public_transport_plans
>> Sounds like a long term ticket, though I would call it a pass.
>>
>> Most students here in Japan use 3 month passes between 2 stations
>> designated on their pass (digital or paper ones; Pasmo cards in Japan
>> are these) and have to repurchased or renewed for another time
>> period. This is separate from the "debit card" style of pre-paid
>> cards (like a Suica card in Japan or a BART ticket in San Fran) that
>> track money for individual fares. They are time based tickets that
>> has unlimited use over a time (usually over a month) for a chosen
>> route - so buying one is different than buying a single-use ticket.
>>

>> I can see the use of "plan" (as it is a monthly, sessional, or yearly
>> contract), but I have never heard it referred to as that. I would
>> choose public_transport_long_term_pass or similar, but if it is in
>> use and eventually documented and supported by mapping apps, then it
>> should be fine.
>>

> There are only 75 of these .. ask the people who placed them in OSM
> for an answer as to what they mean by 'public_transport_plans".

There's the same kind of thing as the Pasmo card in Belgium. These are
getting more and more common in different countries.
I've tagged these as public_transport_tickets as I thought that
public_transport_plans could mean maps, but it probably means long term
"ticket". After checking its use in Germany, France and Netherlands, I'm
sure it doesn't mean maps.

I think public_transport_tickets and public_transport_plans should be
combined, maybe under a different name. Both can be sold at the same
machine.
And add the ability to specify if we can get a ticket, a card
(rechargeable or not), a token, or if we can only recharge a card we
already have.