[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:11:47 UTC 2017

> Laundromat:foobar=n  scheme.
>
> Laundromat:10kg_dryer=8
> Laundromat:20kg_dryer=2
> Laundromat:10kg_sidewasher=3
> Laundromat:20kg_sidewasher=1
> Laundromat:shoe_washer=1
> Laundromat:shoe_dryer=1

I'm not so sure that tagging minutiae like this is appropriate for OSM,
which is really a geo-database and not a business/services directory. This
is like tagging Italian restaurants with something like the following
(which I hope nobody thinks is a good idea):

pasta:spaghetti:tomato=yes
pasta:spaghetti:pesto=yes
pasta:ravioli=yes
pizza:crust=hand-tossed

I think it is enough just to indicate if a laundromat is self-service,
coin-operated, full-service, etc. and not bothering to classify the
available washing machines. I know tagging information like these is useful
but should these really be included in OSM? Maybe we ought to have an
OpenBusinessDirectory sister project or something:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Business_Directory