[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - CoreIndoor

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 11:06:45 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:42:13PM +0100, Tobias Knerr wrote:

> (2.) Corridors/stairs can use ways
>
> This is probably where opinions will vary the most. The decision in favour
> of area tagging was one of the most fundamental that we made when drafting
> SIT. Because of this, using highway ways for corridors feels like a big
> change away from SIT, not merely an extension.

not really for or against it, but one thing that should be considered is the
large number of buildings mapped without SIT but with some indoor elements
and ways mapped using various other methods eg tunnel=buidling_passage,
highway=corridor, covered etc.
Those should not be orthogonal to SIT but enhance each other where possible.

Richard