[Tagging] landuse=industrial with industrial=port

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 12:26:05 UTC 2017

Javbw

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 9:02 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also see these features, and there is already tagging available for many of them (see the harbour page), but I wouldn't choose "landuse" for the feature.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting a landuse. I was saying that this landuse being discussed (landuse=industrial + whatever) on the land, along with the waterway/seamark features on water would be encompassed by a larger polygon with the seaway=port* representing the entire "port" "area-use".

(*whatever key=value that ends up being)

Whenever this seaway key is "done" - please make a tagging example for ports and "fishing ports" with lots of detail - besides massive port facilities everyone knows about, I visit a lot of rural costal Japanese towns for taking pictures, which are usually built around a small "public" port facility, with modern breakwaters made recently after the big Tsunami - mapping the small ports correctly would be fun.

Javbw