[Tagging] landuse=industrial with industrial=port

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:13:14 UTC 2017

> Whenever this seaway key is "done" - please make a tagging example for
> ports and "fishing ports" with lots of detail - besides massive port
> facilities everyone knows about, I visit a lot of rural costal Japanese
> towns for taking pictures, which are usually built around a small "public"
> port facility, with modern breakwaters made recently after the big Tsunami
> - mapping the small ports correctly would be fun.

basically just draw the outline and add seaway=fishing_port, name=* etc. to
the object. If you can't draw the outline, use a node.
If you want more detail about the port (typology / properties), please
explain what should be added (you'll likely know better then me what you
need, as you have many of them).

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Seaway

What I haven't decided yet is whether to propose using a property like
seaway:terminal
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:seaway:terminal&action=edit&redlink=1>
=yes
to distinguish terminals (route endpoints) from other ports, or if we use
different main tags like this:
seaway=ferry_port or seaway=ferry_terminal

Second question: does it make sense to state something like "home port" or
"port of call" for cruise ports?

Cheers,
Martin