[Tagging] Coworking space: amenity vs. office ?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Wed Jan 4 15:48:37 UTC 2017

There was a recent wiki [1] edit that triggers me to bring this question
to the list. Should a coworking space be tagged as an amenity or an office?

Pro office
==========

- amenity is overused for anything.
- coworking space is work-related, office seems to be a good fit.
- the office key is well-accepted with 264000 uses.

Pro amenity
===========

- not all coworking spaces need to be offices, and the current wiki
definition does not demand this, it just says "where people can work".

Indeed I know a do-it-yourself carpentry where you can bring your wood
and use the machinery provided to finish your own furniture. Would that
be a coworking space as well?

Value
=====

The other change proposed in the wiki was to shorten the value from
"coworking_space" to just "coworking" when using the office key.

Stats
=====

  505 amenity=coworking_space
    1 amenity=coworking