[Tagging] Coworking space: amenity vs. office ?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Thu Jan 5 10:59:26 UTC 2017

>> On 5 Jan 2017, at 04:58, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Coworking spaces are targeted towards white-collar office desk jobs
>

> +1, this is also what comes to my mind when I hear coworking. I propose to use office=coworking for those that are offices, and if you come along a different kind of place where people are working together without being in the same company you'll have to invent a new tag for these particular different kind of places, e.g. there's already something for collective bicycle repair (where coworking isn't a typical term to refer to).

However, using office=coworking blocks this key for a description what
is being done in these offices. So it mixes values of describing the
trade with how the work is organised.

thus we could have:

* office=graphics_design + coworking=yes
   or even keep the amenity tag for the facility:
* office=software_development + amenity=coworking(_space)