[Tagging] Coworking space: amenity vs. office ?

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 10:59:11 UTC 2017

Here in Thailand the places I've seen and tagged are more like meeting
places for people. The good wifi, handy electrical outlets, desks and
refreshments make them an ideal place to meet, browse the Internet, or work
but they are not IMO primarily used for work.

That is why I would favor using amenity as a top level tag.

Dave

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > On 5 Jan 2017, at 04:58, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Coworking spaces are targeted towards white-collar office desk jobs
>

> +1, this is also what comes to my mind when I hear coworking. I propose to
> use office=coworking for those that are offices, and if you come along a
> different kind of place where people are working together without being in
> the same company you'll have to invent a new tag for these particular
> different kind of places, e.g. there's already something for collective
> bicycle repair (where coworking isn't a typical term to refer to).
>
> cheers,
> Martin

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska