[Tagging] Wrong use of landuse=village_green - but what else to use?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:40:09 UTC 2017

And I disagree with all of them being leisure=garden.
The green patches between a road and a footway are not 'leisure' things
.. they are 'safety' things .. particularly beside busy roads.

If these same areas were covered with concrete .. would you still think
of them as 'leisure'? In other words .. are you associating the 'cover'
with the 'use' of these areas?

Approach =the problem from 2 different ways of thinking -

What is the 'cover' ... landcover ?

and then

What is the 'use' ... landuse?

Once you divide those 2 things up it makes it clearer what is there.