[Tagging] landuse=aquaculture with wateruse=aquaculture

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:27:56 UTC 2017

On 12-Jan-17 07:55 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> <mailto:daveswarthout at gmail.com>>:
>
>     I honestly don't see the need for another top-level tag for this
>     purpose.
>

> +1, IMHO we can use landuse for all kind of surface use, be it "land"
> or "water" or sulfuric acid, or whatever. In case of stacked
> "surfaces" (e.g. oysters in the water and something different above
> them on the surface), this can be solved with "layer"s and maybe other
> indications like "depth", "ele", "height", etc. (also in case of land,
> the landuse is about all or the principal use above and below the
> surface, ie. there's an implied thickness)

Nice .. some mines are underground ... with possibly separate use on the
ground itself.
As far as artificial oyster beds (the ones humans use to 'farm' oysters)
... these as so close to the surface I'd not bother with a layer, there
is no other use above these as far as I am aware, at least not in my
part of the world.

So .. anyone against redefining 'landuse' to include water?