[Tagging] Added tables for values to key produce

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 21:26:36 UTC 2017

On 16-Jan-17 07:28 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 15 Jan 2017, at 20:56, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> produce=timber, if defined as cut down trees and cut up parts of trees,
>
> let's stick to British English definitions, according to WP this definition you give is for US and Canada only.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

_Oxford English Dictionary timber (noun) _

1.1  Trees grown for use in building or carpentry:  /‘contracts to cut timber’/

//

//1.3[as exclamation]  Used to warn that a tree is about to fall after being cut:  /‘we cried ‘Timber!’ as our tree fell’/

//

//

*Origin*

Old
  English in the sense ‘a building’, also ‘building material’, of
Germanic origin; related to German Zimmer room, from an Indo-European
root meaning build.

_wikipedia_

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_(disambiguation)

Forestry

  *

    Timber <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber>, a term common in the United Kingdom and Australia for unprocessed wood (the term/Lumber <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumber>/  is common in the USA and Canada)

  *

    Timber bridge <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_bridge>, a bridge made of wood

  *

    "Timber!" is an exclamation thatlumberjacks <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumberjack>  often shout out to warn others that a cut tree is about to fall

Macquarie Dictionary (Australian)  has 10 definitions of 'timber' ... chose the most appropriate for use in this situation.

So a term common in the United Kingdom for unprocessed wood...

"Unprocessed wood"? What does that mean? Trees or parts of trees cut down ... with nothing else done to them?

Around we go...

Do you have a better definition that suits this application?

!