[Tagging] memorial:type and memorial

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:56:36 UTC 2017

There was a similar topic about memorials and artworks a while ago, and I
mentioned my idea of a tag like sculpture_shape. It would have values like
bust, person_standing, person_sitting, person_on_horse, abstract and so on.
Then there's already a well established tag subject:wikidata=Qxxx. With
those two tags we have the way it looks (if it's a sculpture), and who/what
it's dedicated to.

If a memorial is about a specific battle, data consumers would still like
to know that it is a war_memorial. So subject:wikidata=* (or subject=*)
should point to the specific battle, but some other tag should explain the
broader subject. Maybe topic=* or theme=* with values like battle,
mass_killing, war_hero, notable_person_death, notable_person_home,
notable_event, archeological_finding ...

memorial=stolperstein is fine by me because it describes the shape and the
topic in one tag.
Also memorial:type=plaque, plate, stele, obelisk seem ok to me.

Janko

pon, 16. sij 2017. u 10:06 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>