[Tagging] Public transport cards

Marc Zoutendijk marczoutendijk at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 10:51:10 UTC 2017

> Op 17 jan. 2017, om 11:02 heeft Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

> However, I would warn against using OSM as a database for public transport. It seems as if public transport is sometimes overmicromapped in OSM.
>

> +1, I'd see public_transport cards somehow included in the ticket vending, and there's generally a move away from any kind of physical ticket or cards towards electronic solutions in combination with smartphones etc., so it might not even be worth the hazzle ;-)

+1, In addition I would note that I have never met one single person who is using OSM to plan his public transport journeys. I’m a very heavy user of public transport and I always use the website from the operator to find out when/where/how my bus/train is going. I would not even think of OSM…

Marc.