[Tagging] shop=fuel

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:19:51 UTC 2017

> There are general stores (shop= ) that sell fuel too ...

Well, that goes for any product and any shop. While your suggestion does
make sense, we already have a long list of shop types. No one made this
particular suggestion during the fuel-shop discussion (unless I'm mistaken).

But it is true that it might have been more logical to only use shop=[shop
type] for shops that sell a range of products that people have an idea of
(e.g. diy, supermarket). Any shop that specializes in just one product (or
an unusual combination of things) could then be tagged with shop=yes +
sells (or vending:*=*?) to specify what you can buy there. That would have
made tagging specialty stores a lot easier i guess. You could then add
stuff like vending:bread=no to supermarkets if their range excludes
something you would expect (in stead of tagging every little thing they
sell with a positive).