[Tagging] shop=fuel

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:44:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which are the osm features that tell you in a reliable way if ice cream is
> available? There are some (e.g. amenity=ice_cream), but if you rely only on
> them you'll miss a lot of other places that might be equally important in
> this situation.

Suppose there is a tag sell:ice_cream. What does that mean? If put on
a supermarket I assume they sell boxes of 1 liter or more and packages
with 6 or more "units" such as Magnums, Cornetto's or flavoured ice.
But how do you distinguish those from the places where you can buy one
of these or fresh ice cream (and chose between 1 to tens of flavours)
or the Italian type. The places a typical tourist is looking for ?
Are the former  (supermarkets) excluded from sell:ice_cream or do we
need to add more detail to express "ready-to-eat" vs "eat-at-home" ?