[Tagging] shop=fuel

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:19:35 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 20 Jan 2017, at 06:44, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But how do you distinguish those from the places where you can buy one
> of these or fresh ice cream (and chose between 1 to tens of flavours)
> or the Italian type. The places a typical tourist is looking for ?

if you are looking for a nice place rather than just ice cream you will want to look for amenity=ice_cream or amenity=cafe with cuisine=ice_cream

> Are the former  (supermarkets) excluded from sell:ice_cream or do we
> need to add more detail to express "ready-to-eat" vs "eat-at-home" ?

ultimately it's up to the mapper, but I would surely refrain from adding a sells:ice_icream tag to supermarkets.

For the ice cream type you might want to use the key
http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/ice_cream#values

e.g. with the value "artisanal" or industrial

cheers,
Martin