[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - dog toilets

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:36:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

There were some previous discussions on how we could tag designated areas
for dogs to urinate/defecate. They are quite common, but unfortunately
there are many different tags going around for lack of documentation.

I have added a section to an old proposal page with these options (also
links to the previous discussions I know of here). I'm not sure how we can
get the comments here to translate to reducing the proposal to just one
tagging option? Maybe have a pre-vote?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Dog_Poop_Area

This is an area designated for pets (dogs) urinate and excrete. Unlike
dog_park label, the main objective of the area is not that dogs play. It is
usually small and fenced areas, but can also just be a designated patch of
grass by the side of the road. It is known as pee-can in some countries.

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/joost-schouppe/48/939/603> | Meetup