[Tagging] [Talk-us] destination:street

Johan C osmned at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:47:53 UTC 2017

I don't like your idea yopaseopor.

Why:
1. It's not forbidden to use a semicolon: 'But there are cases where
semicolons work and, anyway, we can’t completely avoid them. Let’s work on
defining our data model better and make it clearer where those semicolons
can and should be used and how they are to be interpreted.'
(*https://blog.jochentopf.com/2013-09-23-semicolons-in-osm-tags.html
<https://blog.jochentopf.com/2013-09-23-semicolons-in-osm-tags.html>) *

2. As you think it's more easy to use destination1=* for newbies, I think
it's way more complicated, since 1 has no meaning. And it creates
confusion: you might use destination1, others destination_1, and some
others destination:1

3. As pointed out here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Remove_suffixed_name-tags_from_wiki
name_1 suffixed name tagging for multiple values is deprecated

4. The semicolon in destinations, and refs, are already in use for quite a
long time. So what you are proposing creates (again) multiple tagging
systems in OSM to solve the same challenge.

5. Any renderer can make a split, simply by checking for the semicolon.

Cheers, Johan