[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Jul 3 23:56:28 UTC 2017

> On Jul 1, 2017, at 6:04 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> in this case you could consider landuse=industrial IMHO.

I see that landuse=railway is rendered as industrial in osm-carto, and it seems like other long-term infrastructure (power towers, communication towers) are suggested to be landuse=industrial.

I really think there should be some kind of subtag then, because not only can you define what and why you are tagging, but it allows presets to be easily created in iD and searched by new taggers.

industrial=power, industrial=communication, etc.

if the industrial landuse is supposed to be used outside factory grounds and major industrial centres (such as a fenced off tower in a rice field or an isolated comm building on a mountain), then we should consider a subtag to help define such uses, or it will be too ambiguous.

Javbw