[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 10:07:04 UTC 2017

> it seems like other long-term infrastructure (power towers, communication
> towers) are suggested to be landuse=industrial.
>
> I really think there should be some kind of subtag then, because not only
> can you define what and why you are tagging, but it allows presets to be
> easily created in iD and searched by new taggers.
>
> industrial=power, industrial=communication, etc.

I agree that a formalization of industrial subtags would be really
desirable. There are many different kind of things that get this same
landuse property, e.g. warehouses, production facilities, logistical
infrastructure (ports, distribution centres, ...).

For the German context (but likely also for other places), there should be
also a distinction for "light industry" (Gewerbe).

Then it seems strange we don't have yet a standardized list of typical top
level categories (e.g. automotive, textile, semiconductors, electronics,
energy, machinery, mining, ...)

Cheers,
Martin