[Tagging] Power Tower Landuse = ?

Craig Wallace craigw84+osm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 22:03:46 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-04 14:49, Mark Bradley wrote:
> In American English most people would call the structure a tower, but 
> according to the convention of OSM using British English, I would 
> defer to the word "pylon."
In British English, yes the general public usually call them 'pylons'.
But this is not used by professionals or engineers etc. The electricity 
companies nearly always refer to them as 'towers' (or more specifically 
'transmission towers').
So I think 'tower' is the correct term in British English anyway.

More information about the Tagging mailing list