[Tagging] Formally informal sidewalks

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Jul 15 08:16:04 UTC 2017

> On Jul 15, 2017, at 3:13 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My neighbour's driveway is longer than
> mine (it's a company) and now OsmAnd insists on taking his, because it
> comes closer to my house.

Admittedly, I don’t map a lot of residential driveways (because most residential in Suburban Japan has no sidewalks), AND I do not use OSM for routing, but wouldn’t a footway linking your building to your driveway solve this?

When I map retail buildings and I know where the doors are, I map the entrance and add the mappable footway to the entrance node from the parking driveway.

Would doing the same for your location solve a routing problem?