[Tagging] marine traffic control towers

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 15:59:04 UTC 2017

I'm aware of a traffic control centre (it's  operated by the military and
> monitors all kind of traffic in the mediterranean sea, also civilian).

I suppose Martin is referring to the marine equivalent  of Area Control
Centers for air traffic (ACC). But that's different from the structure I
have in mind as it's not in visual contact with what is going on "below"
the tower. To me it looks that many harbours have this type of Lookout
place, manned by (maritime) pilots. Many of them are prominent structures
similar to airport control towers. The place Martin describes is more an
office type of place where experts sit in front of computer screens and
evaluate remote position data, like air traffic control centres.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>