[Tagging] marine traffic control towers

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 30 16:32:27 UTC 2017

On 30/07/2017 16:59, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> I suppose Martin is referring to**the marine equivalent  of Area Control 
> Centers for air traffic (ACC). But that's different from the structure I 
> have in mind as it's not in visual contact with what is going on "below" 
> the tower.

There is no marine equivalent of Area Control Centres. The VTS stations 
that this thread refers to are usually operated by port authorities and 
only control the traffic in their jurisdictions. Some busy sealanes 
(e.g. Dover Strait/Pas de Calais) are controlled by coastguard services 
as they do not control the traffic of any particular port.

More information about the Tagging mailing list