[Tagging] marine traffic control towers

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 20:35:50 UTC 2017

> There is no marine equivalent of Area Control Centres.

> The VTS stations that this thread refers to are usually operated by port
> authorities and only control the traffic in their jurisdictions.

I am not sure whether "my" tower is a VTS one. It is known locally as
"pilots' tower". I have not checked the signs on the door, to be honest.

Some busy sealanes (e.g. Dover Strait/Pas de Calais) are controlled by
> coastguard services as they do not control the traffic of any particular
> port.

But in any case it would be nice to agree on a generic tagging for these
prominent control-tower-like structures in ports.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>