[Tagging] Truck Parking

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sat Jun 3 08:17:25 UTC 2017

Javbw
> On Jun 3, 2017, at 8:08 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> hgv=yes/designated and
>
> capacity:hgv=yes/number

For designating handicapped parking lots (which are often separate here in Japan at large POIs) I have tagged them:

Amenity=parking
Access=no
Access:disabled=designated
Capacity=x
Capacity=disabled=x

I don't think that is documented (and possibly incorrect), but I imagine this idea  would work well for any motor vehicle parking, as we have no way to tag for the various size separations (and designation combinations that vary from region to region) that currently exist insides the "4+ wheeled Motor vehicle class)

✔️bicycle
✔️motorcycle
✔️Car
❌truck (HGV)
❌bus (HGV, but separated in Japan)
❌motorhome

Various designations based on the occupants:

❌disabled car/van
❌pregnant
❌elderly
❌student

And various other classes of designated parking (emergency, service, taxi,etc)

If we use this format:
Al
Access:foo=designated
(Where foo is an existing type), then amenity=parking can be broken up using access, and can handle various types of combinations as it exists in the real world

Amenity=parking
Access=permissive
Access:hgv=yes
Access:motor_vehicle=no
Access:bus=designated

But there is also some existing tags:

Disabled=designated
HGV=designated
Bus=designated

These also exist, so I am not sure how this reconciles.

Javbw