[Tagging] Access restriction for gas-powered vehicles

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Jun 4 07:08:19 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-06-04 at 01:47 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 3, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl>
> wrote:
> > Hazmat normally refers to hazardous materials being carried as
> > freight, not the fuel for the vehicle itself.
>
> Campers carrying LPG or CNG are typically (near-universally) doing so
> for "hotel" reasons (cooking, heating), and not propulsion.  Hotel
> fuels are considered cargo.

The question is about LPG powered vehicles, not about carrying LPG for
camping.
The one example I am aware of, having never owned an LPG vehicle is
Eurotunnel. You are specifically asked to declare that your vehicle is
not LPG powered every time you board. If you declared yes you would not
be allowed to travel.
LPG in campers, caravans, in the boot are allowed providing they are
switched off at the container and it is not full.
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/site-information/lpg/
Phil (trigpoint)