[Tagging] Tagging attractions that are farms

LeTopographeFou letopographefou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 21:49:02 UTC 2017

Hi,

Ok, principle is the same with tourism=attraction if it is in fact one
atraction ;-).

> But there places with multiple interesting  things - attractions in
> the tourism sense, not the rollercoaster sense.
>
> Just yesterday they announced they are making a "Ghibli theme park" in
> Japan (their famous animation studio)- which means a collection of
> spectacles - not rides (they don't do rides). This will be a *huge*
> attraction in Japan (on the level of a famous theme park) - each item
> inside is a tourism=attraction - so how do you tag a collection of
> tourism=attraction s?
>
> http://kotaku.com/theyre-making-a-studio-ghibli-theme-park-in-japan-1795712103
>
> Tourism=* doesn't seem to have a way to define a non-ride "theme park"
> - a collection of tourism=attractions and other tourist amenities in
> one named place. I think we should consider having such a tag.

It's not because there is no roller coaster (or ride) that it is not a
theme park. I agree that it is usually the main interest of a theme park
but there are many things to consider and the most important is probably
What is the purpose of the area? To educate? Then it is maybe more a
museum. To enjoy animal sight seeing? Then it is maybe more a zoo. To
relax?  Then it is maybe more a park. To have fun? Then it is probably
more a theme park. And if it is mostly an outdoor closed and decorated
area, with an admission fee, souvenirs, costumed people to play popular
characters then it strengthens the first guess that is is probably more
a theme park than a collection of attractions, even if there is no
roller coaster.

Having said that I don't know what will be "Ghibli theme park" but it is
just to say that I would not focus only on rides.

Yours,

LeTopographeFou