[Tagging] Unofficial name change of "Lake Calhoun" in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 02:34:07 UTC 2017

Hi I live in Minneapolis and am excited for this change. For Clifford and
whoever else is interested, here's an article that has the Dakota
pronunciation for Bde Maka Ska and some other area lakes:
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10/14/bdemakaska-lake-calhoun

Locally there's been an increasing awareness of the indigenous land we are
living on--for example see this map the city did with some of the
indigenous place names within Minneapolis:
https://streets.mn/2017/06/05/map-monday-dakota-and-ojibwe-place-names-in-minneapolis/
As an OSM tie-in, I've been adding Dakota (name:dak) and Ojibwe (name:oj)
names for some physical features in Minnesota.

Cheers,
Brad (aka neuhausr)