[Tagging] Traffic training area ("Verkehrsübungsplatz" in German)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 11:52:34 UTC 2017

> I realise that we talk about at least four different things:
> 1) traffic training areas for cars and motorcycles for adult learning
> drivers
> 2) advanced driving training areas to improve driving in difficult
> conditions

while this is true in principle, in practise I have found 1+2 taking
usually place at the same facility (same place, different time).

> 3) same as (1) but for kids on bicycles or toy cars as part of schools or
> otherwise supervised

yes, these are often part of schools and are quite different (and usually
smaller in every regard)
These might also be used differently most of the time (as recreation area
for the pupils, unless there are training lessons), and might be one in the
town (i.e. people from other local schools will come once or a few times to
have training there)

4) similar to (3) but unsupervised, often as part of a playground

IMHO this is a different kind of feature (playground with a part themed for
"traffic" play)

> In addition there are facilities like go-cart racing tracks for kids, but
> they have different purpose.

completely different feature.

Cheers,
Martin