[Tagging] fire hydrants

Viking viking81 at tin.it
Wed Jun 14 17:06:31 UTC 2017

> in OsmHydrant [1] there is already fire_hydrant:coupling_type with various values from Storz to Barcelona
> (https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/fire_hydrant:coupling_type). Then there is fire_hydrant:couplings to complement that, describing the > actual connectors: https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/fire_hydrant%3Acouplings
>
> This implementation might not be the best for various reasons, but we could consolidate its structure/values if needed.
>
> [1] https://www.osmhydrant.org/en/

It is a bad implementation: first of all because there is no reference on hydrants wiki page (and indeed I didn't know it) and consequentely there is a wide range of heterogeneous values that are almost useless for automatic data search.
By the way, let's try to improve these existing tags.
fire_hydrant:coupling_type indicates the standard (UNI, Storz,...)
fire_hydrant:couplings indicates the number and diameters.
Right?

First question: is it possible that the same hydrant has different coupling types, for example Storz and UNI? I know that in Italy, where I work as fireman, this is not possible, so a single value in fire_hydrant:coupling_type is enough.
Second question: how would you indicate the number of couplings? For example an hydrant with two UNI 45 mm couplings and one UNI 70 mm coupling would be:
fire_hydrant:coupling_type=UNI

fire_hydrant:coupling=45;45;70
OR
fire_hydrant:coupling=2 x 45;70
OR...?

I would prefer 45;45;70 because it's more explicit and less prone to errors.
The use of semicolons to separate different values is commonly accepted on the wiki.

Alberto

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.