[Tagging] fire hydrants

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Wed Jun 14 23:32:20 UTC 2017

an american usage note:

the "standard" hydrant in the US has 2 x 2.5" hose connections
and 1 x 4.5" pumper connection. other sizes have existed in the
past.

the wrench required for the bolt at the top of a dry hydrant may vary,
pentagonal bolts are most common but others have been used.
this is something that a mapper can observe, and something that
a fireman cares about.