[Tagging] dispersed settlements / scattered settlements

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:00:38 UTC 2017

If the land is not used for agriculture but for residences then
landuse=residential.

Most of the land is used for agriculture? Then landuse=farmland.

Where the land between the buildings is used for both .. I'd map it
landuse=farmland. And then

where a residence occurs - map the building, building=residential. Most
of the time mappers may have little time to give to these things though
and armchair mappers will be stuck with building=yes..

-----
When does a wide spread village become dispersed_residential? Sorry but
the determination from one to the other will need to be made, and that
may well be country/culture specific.

----
The 'place' tag does not nominate the landuse, it is really just the
size, importance and name of an area.