[Tagging] Pool decks?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:10:31 UTC 2017

On 20-Jun-17 02:01 PM, John Willis wrote:
> When mapping pool complexes and water parks, often times there is a significant area around the pool, often referred to as the pool deck in the US (I don't know about elsewhere). This is often concrete, and can be almost as much area as the pool itself.
>
> For a water park, often times there is also significant areas of concrete or a paving material similar to tartan (used on running tracks) for people playing on the different attractions.

What makes a deck a pool deck? The proximity of the pool. Some decks are at the seaside, others beside a river, lake.
The areas are not so much for walking, as for sitting.
So I would think not pedestrian, but more leisure? leisure=deck ?

However people have been using pedestrian for some time e.g.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3076138#map=19/58.32068/15.12290

> Sometimes, at malls and other places in hot climates, there is a similar place to a water park attraction where water squirts out of the ground and gets you (mostly small kids) wet, like a fountain hidden in the ground - but it is a pedestrian walkway, and anyone can walk through, and no standing water is present.

A form of fountain with foot access... possibly a combination of fountain and pedestrian/foot?

> I also think tagging it as a pitch is a bad idea.

A pitch is for playing sport, not relaxation.