[Tagging] Combined use of addr:place and addr:street

Javier Sánchez Portero javiersanp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:01:19 UTC 2017

Hello

Regarding to the use of addr:place together with addr:street, I see a
discrepancy between [1] which says: "Should not be used together with
addr:street=*"

And [2], which says: "Use addr:place additional to addr:street=* for such
building, whose numbers belong not to street, but to some other object. It
is proposed to delete addr:street=* from such houses in the future"

I will like to correct this with a unified criterion in both places. Which
one is the prefered criterion for you? I think that the addr:place tag
should be used when there isn't a street with name to assign to the address
so I don't see corret to use addr:street together with addr:place. What is
your opinion?

Regards, Javier Sanchez

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr:place