[Tagging] how to map simple buildings

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:10:21 UTC 2017

> I'm hijacking the thread a bit here, but the discussion of "bridge
> buildings" in Martin's message made me think of this:
>
> On the campus of GE Research in Niskayuna, New York, there's a fairly
> substantial building that is on a bridge across a ravine.
>
> From the way it renders, I think that I've probably mistagged it. Also,
> JOSM warned me of a suspicious bridge=yes, but I figured that's just
> because buildings usually aren't on bridges.

a pointer to the osm object would maybe help to get more comments.
Generally, bridge=yes on buildings is not evaluated by common map rendering
styles. If you have a highway going underneath, you could add covered=yes
to the section that is covered. For a more detailed 2.5D mapping you should
add min_height=* .

Cheers,
Martin