[Tagging] Positioning motorway exits

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 8 17:42:54 UTC 2017

Navigation systems, including commercial ones, mostly count down to the
LAST point - where the white triangle or lines make it illegal for you
to transition. This is in line with the wiki and current OSM practice.
Countdown signs on the approach to an exit however go to zero at the
FIRST point you can join the exit lane. People may expect, or prefer,
one or the other. Let's make sure we can accommodate both.

//colin