[Tagging] Holiday house for groups

Lorenzo "Beba" Beltrami lorenzo.beba at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 08:27:19 UTC 2017

> sent from a phone
>
> On 12 Mar 2017, at 17:04, althio <althio.forum at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well then as Thilo said, if it is not
> "tourism=apartment"
> it is
> "tourism=chalet"
>

> it is neither, the established tourism tags describe quite specific
> accommodation types in osm and these bigger venues to rent as a whole are
> not covered by any of them, as far as I can see.
>
> a chalet according to the wiki :
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:tourism%3Dchalet
> A type of accommodation. The term chalet is used in the hospitality
> industry to describe one or more detached holiday cottages with
> self-contained cooking facilities and/or bathroom and toilet facilities.

+1
I totally agree.
Both tourism=apartment and tourism=chalet are for detached houses.
With number_of_apartments=* you can specify a building with many
apartments, but not a building like a very big apartment.

To clarify I've found some pictures:
- https://ibin.co/3FOpHCbLtFVo.jpg
- https://ibin.co/3FOph7H8yefQ.jpg
- https://ibin.co/3FOpr6iSeNT6.jpg

Some of them were formerly (50 to 70 years ago) hotels, the capacity is
from 30 to 80 people. The kitchen is only one for all.

Doing some proposal: is best to create a new tag (like
tourism=vacation_house) or to add a tag to tourism=apartment (like
groups=yes or simply capacity=80)?

Lorenzo