[Tagging] Landuse for vacant lots

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 15:57:05 UTC 2017

On 12/03/2017 21:42, Tristan Anderson wrote:

> ... In the past I have used brownfield, but this is for land scheduled
> for redevelopment, which is often not the case.

I'm a native English British English speaker, and to me brownfield does
not mean just "scheduled for development".  It just means "was used for
some development but is no longer".  It _may_ then be used for something
else in the future (you often hear "redevelopment of brownfield sites),
but that's not a requirement.

It'd be perfectly meaningful to say "in XYZ place there are lots of
brownfield sites not scheduled for any development".

Cheers,

Andy