[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - amenity=courier

muzirian muzirian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 17:36:10 UTC 2017

On Monday, March 13, 2017, Thilo Haug <thaug at gmx.de> wrote:

> I think I missed the beginning.
> Is this tag also about the places where you may pick up your parcels
> in case you weren't at home ?
>
> In this case, amenity would fit, as they usually aren't offices
> (I got a station, a laundry and a convenience shop as an example, for
> UPS, Hermes and DHL).
>
> By the way, how to distinguish between amenity=post_office
> and amenity=courier in case of DHL ?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Post_DHL

In India the same facility is often used to book and drop or pickup
packages if missed, not sure if its same there. And not sure about if this
tag should be used for places only for pickup or sub tag should be made.

And in case of Germany, search tells Deutsche Post is still the name used
for post offices in Germany, and those should be marked as post offices and
other wings under Dhl still has different names like Dhl express etc.