[Tagging] Landuse and disused

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 13 22:25:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 06:53:50PM +0100, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> On 13.03.2017 15:55, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> > "landuse" says that a specific piece of land is being used for something.
> > Then "disused" says that it's being used for nothing.

Then how should I tag a quarry in which stone extraction has ceased, as
mentioned in my other post?

Presumably not with a landuse tag? But that seems to be the only
existing tag for a quarry? Maybe man_made=quarry?

I have the same problem in mapping old tin workings, currently tagged
with landuse=surface_mining and disused as the only possible documented
tags. So how do I avoid being one of your trolls, preferably while still
getting the major features in an area rendered?

Yes, I do also use the historic tag as well, where appropriate, but that
has even less chance of a proper render on standard maps.

ael