[Tagging] water=pool

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 14 11:17:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 09:39:51PM -0500, John F. Eldredge wrote:
> At least in American English, there is an intermediate term, pond, for a
> body of water smaller than a lake but larger than a mere wide spot in a
> stream.  Ponds can be man-made or natural.

But in British English, ponds are generally static. That is the term is
usually used when there is little or no flow.  


More information about the Tagging mailing list