[Tagging] water=pool

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 07:32:55 UTC 2017

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 5:22 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd rather use water=stream_pool without the lake deviation, but then it still is in conflict with water=river. Are these actual features anyway, or are they simply the wider parts of the river?

+1 for stream_pool.

The features they are talking about are usually where a normally shallow stream feeds into topography (man made or natural)  that creates a much deeper/wide/slower moving section of the tiny stream than “normal", allowing someone to reasonably submerge their body, or jump into. this is an “attraction” of the stream, usually used by people hiking or playing in the water. Some of them may be locally famous.

Ah!

I would put these under leisure. they are only useful for some kind of leisure activity.

If I was interested in tagging the features of a certain spot for campers or backpackers to set up a tent, (like micromapping a part of a park), then mapping these might be useful, as you might choose one location over another based on having this pool available.

having water=pool sounds like a recipe for incorrectly tagged swimming pools.

Javbw