[Tagging] Vertical farming vs. other vertical plants

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:46:32 UTC 2017

> Hello all,
>
> regarding vertical plants,
> some examples against air pollution came to my mind.
> it's not really "farming", but at least an "artificial" way to grow plants,
> so it doesn't really fit with "natural" http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/
> wiki/Key:natural
>
> Do you think this should be considered ?

are you referring to facades or walls with plants growing on them? I think
there might be a suggestion in the detailed building tags (some extension
referring to facades), but I don't recall which.
Definitely this is not something for "natural" (which are mostly natural
geografic features and some landcover mixed in), see also the landcover
proposal: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/landcover

Cheers,
Martin