[Tagging] address property of features

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 18 17:48:16 UTC 2017

A tip from CRM systems: addresses have a specific role, just like we
have multiple phone numbers: one for work, one for home, mobile, fax
etc., we can also have multiple addresses. One may be the legal address
of a company, one for postal deliveries (possibly non-geographic such as
a Postbox number), one for navigation purposes, one to identify the
building..... all leading to the same location, but from a different
perspective. If it is "too difficult" to have address roles, try
defining which "role" the OSM address is intended to represent. They
might all be correct, but just from a different perspective. Why are the
addresses in OSM in the first place?

//colin