[Tagging] "Living street" in Japan

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Mar 29 06:45:23 UTC 2017

As I have been coming back to tagging recently, I noticed a lot of rural residential/alley/driveway/track roads being mapped as a “living street” in my region of Japan.

A prolific editor (2000+ edits) is one of the mappers doing it, so I Im unsure about what is going on.

As far as I know, “living street” is a legal definition for some roads found in Europe, and not for Japan.

The english/Japanese “Japan Tagging” page offers no suggestion for using Living Street.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Japan_tagging <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Japan_tagging>

Is this an error of a single user, or is this some systemic regional tagging change that is not documented?

either way, there is some corrections to be made.

Javbw.