[Tagging] natural=bay on areas

Juan Pablo Tolosa Sanzana jptolosanzana at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:22:55 UTC 2017

> I didn't know about the practice of mapping the coastline along the baseline, AFAIK we don't map the baseline, only their 12nm offset (maritime borders)

Vice versa, the practice is mapping the baseline along the coastline.
But I think this is no a good idea, because baseline extend up a bit
outside of the coastline, if the baseline runs along the low tide. In
some places the tidal range is huge.

The example of  Rio de la Plata exposed previously is clearly poorly
mapped according the definition of natural=coastline. Note that
according IHO Rio de la Plata is a sea.