[Tagging] wikipedia links and copy + paste in tag definitions

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue May 2 08:27:35 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 2. May 2017, at 02:17, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
>
> But without knowing a lot about the story and mechanisms behind it, the
> link you quoted above doesn't seem wrong. It is not called "castle" but
> "structure tagged as historic=castle in OSM", and the only things it
> seems to say about this is that it is some kind of architectural
> structure and that the definition of what exactly it is can be found on
> the OSM wiki.

it links other wikidata objects via the "has part" relation where the definition is in wikidata, i.e. it is a group of wikidata objects pretending to have the same semantics as the osm tags. I would agree with you if the "has part" objects would link to other wikidata objects representing osm tags rather than preexisting wikidata objects with different scope.

cheers,
Martin