[Tagging] change recommendation from "depth" to "length" for the adit length?

Michal Fabík michal.fabik at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:47:20 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <
dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have now changed the tag name from "depth" to "length", as there haven't
> been any more comments and the definition already said it was about
> "length".
>
> Bonus question, why not map adits optionally as ways?

Definitely agree. After all, the Wiki page seems to contradict itself when
it says that "visible portal of the adit is mapped as a node" (implied that
it's tagged as man_made=adit, the title of the article), and then it says
that "the adit itself" is to be mapped as man_made=adit. An adit's entrance
and the adit itself clearly aren't the same thing.

> Shouldn't the tag be "man_made=adit_portal"

Why not just man_made=adit_entrance? I'm not sure I'd call a crudely dug
opening (like the one in the picture on the Wiki page) a portal. (Maybe
it's just me.)

--
Michal Fabík